You’ve experienced the creative anarchy of hackathons. Now, it’s time for something far more tangible ... a potentially career-defining event as we recruit talented people to form new companies.
The HighTechXL FasTrackathon on 27 March is a proven approach to building companies around advanced technology, tech so advanced you might not even know it exists.
Hackathons ask participants to brainstorm solutions to problems that companies have trouble solving.
We’ve worked with CERN and Nikhef since last summer, building three startup teams who are currently advancing through our 9-month special edition accelerator program.
Now, we’re putting together the next cohort, and we need skills from many domains – entrepreneurs, physicists, engineers, market researchers, operations experts and business professionals.
FasTrackathon focuses on four advanced technologies, two of which are technologies CERN startup teams are already using to build their ventures. Those two teams are searching for people with whom they can partner to broaden the application areas of their technologies and which they will support.
The other advanced technologies from Nikhef and TNO hold promise in some unique application areas, which are ready for new teams to “fast-track” on 27 March.
• Gas leak detection in industrial settings such as chemical plants
• LIDAR in autonomous vehicles
• Laser marking on curved surfaces
• Photonic chip cooling
• Improving the efficiency of medical imaging and diagnostic devices such as x-rays and MRIs
• Efficient cooling of detectors in mini-satellites for space exploration
• Enabling instantaneous 3D printing
• LIDAR applications
• 3D lithography in Microelectromechanical, or MEMS, systems
• This emerging technology uses a porous membrane to capture CO2 from the air, converting it to hydrocarbon fuel in a carbon-neutral process. How’s that for groundbreaking?
We are recruiting teams per technology, but we’re flexible … participate just for this event or join a venture-building team to co-found a company.
HighTechXL, Building 27
High Tech Campus Eindhoven
5656 AE Eindhoven