Veridis is a deep-tech startup developing a novel instrument to improve plastic recycling quality control: MAssive DSC ANalysis (MADSCAN). This MADSCAN technology is based on Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC), a thermal analysis technique. DSC can be used to analyse plastics/polymers to give a material characterisation (material type, degradation, etc.). With our MADSCAN technology, we scale up a DSC sample size by a factor of 100,000. This allows us to give a representative analysis of large batches of plastics, thereby increasing the relevance to the recycling industry. With this method, we can analyse dark plastics, detect material degradation, and, most importantly, increase the commercial value of recycled plastics.
Veridis has the ambitious goal to create a better future through science and technology. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Veridis is continually evolving and is the place motivated employees can learn quickly, develop and thrive and where employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results. To achieve these objectives, we offer an internship with flexible working hours, an informal atmosphere, and a lot of independence and responsibility.
During this internship, you will be working on:
• Market and product validations + setting up the business
• Identification of target accounts using market data and industry intelligence
• Learn about plastic recycling, quality control and the links with a circular economy
• Identify and develop opportunities to improve our products, services, processes, systems and tools
• Work with different parts of the Veridis team to implement improvement projects, including working with the CEO/CBO on the business plan, value proposition and go-to-market strategy
Our business development team is looking for a business development/business analyst intern. As intern you will play an integral role in building and engaging our customer base and in creating effective strategies that will promote the long-term growth of Veridis.
This internship assignment allows you to make an impact on the improvement of plastic recycling and therefore on the transition to a circular economy as a whole. Because of the multidisciplinary startup environment, you will learn a lot from different disciplines. And most importantly, you will develop your skills by working independently on a challenging project with the rest of the team, to give unique insights to help you develop. Finally, after a successful internship, we are open to offer you a role after finishing your studies.
You are a creative and curious person who is not afraid of a challenge and working with the inherent uncertainty that novel technological development brings. You like taking initiative and contributing new ideas about how to improve as well as critical thinking and the ability to relate high level strategy to day-to-day implementation. You can analyse data at an academic level and are capable of clearly communicating results, problems and next steps.
We are very flexible with time requirements. We would like to fill the internship position full-time, but part-time is also a possibility.
• Currently enrolled in or will receive a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with a graduation date between September 2022 and September 2023
• Studies within Engineering, Finance, Business administration or a similar field
• Mandatory to sign a learning agreement with student’s university
• Fluent written and verbal communication in (business) English and Dutch
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• Results-driven focus with analytical capability
• Ability to innovate and simplify current processes and practices
• Strong direct sales skills and a proven track record of performance
• Experience working with clients
• High affinity towards data and technology with the ability to dive deep and analyze opportunities and processes