Onera is hiring an Embedded Software Engineer to develop embedded software solutions for low-power wireless medical devices. You will develop high-quality and energy-efficient software as part of a multi-disciplinary team of biomedical engineers, signal processing and algorithm experts, hardware engineers and clinicians. You will be key to the success of Onera’s next generation sleep devices. This is a great opportunity for professional growth in an ambitious and fast-growing startup.
Onera is a spin-off company of IMEC & Holst Centre, the world leading research center in nanoelectronics and digital technology. Onera’s ambition is to bring innovative medical devices to the market that will help improve the health and quality of life of patients around the world. Onera is currently developing its first product for the sleep market.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary, energetic, young, and internationally minded startup team.
You will be responsible for the design and implementation of high-quality, energy- and cost-efficient
• Develop product grade firmware on Cortex-M processors to support sensor data acquisition, signal processing, storing and radio transmission.
• Develop low level drivers for peripherals of a Cortex-M processor.
• Develop software according to medical device regulations (IEC 62304).
• Testing embedded software on target hardware or simulators (unit testing, functional testing, regression testing, integration testing).
• Support release process (testing of release candidates, code reviews, etc.).
• Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of electrical, hardware, and biomedical engineers, and regulatory experts, to implement, verify, and validate systems.
• An enthusiastic engineer with a passion for software and medical devices.
• MSc or BSc degree in computer science, embedded systems or similar.
• Over 3 years’ experience in low-power embedded software development for resource-constrained / battery-operated wireless sensor systems.
• Advanced understanding of coding for embedded systems that are resource (power, memory, computation) constrained. Knowledge of ARM Cortex platforms (plus).
• Excellent with programming in: C, C++
• Proficient in Object Oriented methodology.
• Experience with git and continuous integration/continuous development.
• Deliver quality work and prepared to do the finishing touch.
• Good communication skills in English (written and spoken)
• Positive attitude, can-do mentality, and flexibility – much needed in a startup!
• Authorized to work in the Netherlands (already possessing a visa/EU residence permit)
If you are interested, please contact us by email:
No intermediate applications accepted.
Torenallee 42-54 (Strijp-S), Eindhoven, Netherlands.