Editor's note: While Eindhoven Medical Robotics is not an alumnus of HighTechXL, we wanted to share their job opening with the Brainport tech community.
Eindhoven Medical Robotics develops high-precision autonomous surgical robots. The robots need accurate pre-operative plans to perform autonomous surgery. The creation of such plans should require minimal interaction time with a surgeon while still yielding highly accurate planning.
As a software engineer, you will help develop medical software that is easy to use, has good performance and has high accuracy. The core of the job is about creating, implementing and maintaining segmentation algorithms for 3D (volumetric) medical images.
There is a strong focus on conventional image processing techniques, but there are ample opportunities for exploring more statistical, learning-based techniques in the future.
You will perform your tasks as part of a multi-disciplinary team that consists of mechanical, electrical and software engineers and collaborate closely with our clinical partners. Besides your software responsibilities, you are expected to be proficient in writing documentation and working according to industry standards such as ISO13485, IEC62304 and IEC82304 to bring medical devices to market.
- Hands-on software engineer apt at programming and testing
- Own and manage specific parts of the image processing pipelines
- Specify requirements for software modules and products
- Develop software modules
- Develop automated test scripts for software modules
- Perform code reviews
- Perform manual testing of software products
- Conduct user tests
- Write technical and process documentation
- Experienced in either MATLAB or C++, MATLAB and/or Python with full professional proficiency in at least one of the three
- CMD/Bash-scripting is a plus.
- Demonstrable experience in 3D medical image processing
- Experience integrating internal and third-party solutions
- Experience with development tools like Jenkins and version control systems like git
- Educational qualifications are preferred, but not a pre-requisite: Master's degree or PhD in engineering such as computer science.
We offer an informal, international and stimulating work environment. An attractive market conform remuneration package with excellent benefits will be offered.