Editor's note: While Eindhoven Medical Robotics is not an alumnus of HighTechXL, we wanted to share their job opening with the Brainport tech community.
Eindhoven Medical Robotics develops high-precision autonomous surgical robots. The robot requires state-of-the-art real-time control and safety software to perform autonomous surgery, while adhering to the stringent requirements for medical devices.
As an embedded software engineer, you will be developing embedded control software for surgical robots. The core of the job is implementing safety strategies, control algorithms, sensor interfaces and communication protocols between different components of the surgical system. Given that this is a medical device, there is a strong focus on safety to implement multiple safety and diagnostic layers in the system. You will perform your tasks as part of a multidisciplinary team that consists of mechanical, electrical and software engineers that collaborate closely with our clinical partners. Other than your software responsibilities, you are expected to be proficient in writing documentation and working according to industry standards such as ISO 13485, IEC 62304 and IEC 82304 to bring medical devices to market.
- Hands-on embedded software engineers apt at programming and testing
- Own and manage specific parts of the system.
- Specify requirements for software modules and products.
- Develop software modules.
- Develop automated test scripts for software modules.
- Perform code reviews.
- Perform manual testing of software products.
- Conduct user tests.
- Write technical and process documentation.
- Experienced in C and C++ with full professional proficiency in at least one
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink
- Experience with different architecture microcontrollers, sensors, encoders and motors
- Knowledge about different communication protocols like SPI, EtherCAT, BiSS, etc.
- Experience with a real-time OS like QNX or VxWorks is a plus.
- Linux and Bash scripting experience is a plus.
- Knowledge about coding standard like MISRA is a plus.
- Experience with development tools like Jenkins and version control systems like git
- Educational qualifications are preferred, but not a pre-requisite: bachelor’s or master’s degree in embedded systems or computer sciences
We offer an informal, international and stimulating working environment with innovative products which have high societal relevance. An attractive market-conform remuneration package with excellent benefits will be offered.