In a world that generates zettabytes of data every day, transporting data should be fast, efficient and require almost no energy.
At Astrape, we enable the transition to exponential growth of fully optical data networks for a faster and more sustainable Internet. We build fully optical data networks by means of a patent-pending, state-of-the art integrated photonics with ns-fast reconfiguration.
Our technology can deliver up to 12.8Tb/s of bandwidth per port, which is a 16-times improvement on current products on the market and with an energy reduction of at least 20%.
Your role within Astrape
You will solve technical puzzles, taking on challenges and going on long debugging missions to get to the bottom of every issue.
Besides being a tech detective, other core responsibilities include providing internal and external technical assistance. You couple this with a philosophy of driven development, often tackling the high-impact, high-complexity cases that affect the entire range of networking devices.
Your experience and skills
To be successful in this role:
• You have an engineering background in EE, Computer science or Physics.
• You have professional experience with Ethernet/IP networks or a strong desire to develop the necessary knowledge to work with them.
• You have excellent written and spoken English skills
• You have a pragmatic attitude and are familiar with providing technical assistance and consultancy.
• You are a fast learner, analytically strong and not afraid of unknown territories.
• You thrive on collaborative teamwork and coworking with a multicultural team sounds very exciting to you.
• We would be extra impressed if you are familiar with provisioning systems and typical network deployment scenarios.
You have strong skills in some of these fields:
• Comfortable working in an open-source Linux/FreeBSD/Unix environment.
• Low level network protocols, such as ethernet and TCP/IP and device driver development
• Building embedded systems and multi-threaded applications
• Network troubleshooting on complex Internet switching and routing problems
• Advanced/expert level traceroute/MTR/iperf/tcpdump skills
• Networking concepts (VRRP/VLANs/High Availability/Load Balancing)
What we offer you
• A highly talented and multicultural team of hardware, network and application engineers
• Working on great tech stack with cutting edge photonics technologies
• Be part of a startup company with a long-term vision
• Competitive salary depending on your relevant work experience
• Project exposure and ownership that impacts our users, product and business
• Challenging technical tasks, fast learning cycles and meaningful feedback
This role is based in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
If you are up to the challenge, apply to HR@astrape.net